Looking for a Principal Software Development Engineer to join no.1 Medical Devices company based in county Tipperary leading and managing high complexity projects!
- Leading SW development and Integration within the manufacturing site, including guiding the successful completion of major programs and often functions in a project leadership role.
- Designing, defining, implementing system requirements, system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters by using current systems engineering methods and technologies.
- Developing software systems, applications and/or provides software systems testing and validation in support of NPD and/or Manufacturing Process Engineering
- Creating, contributing and validating documentation within GMP orientated lifecycle (URS, FAT, SAT, IQOQ etc).
- Writing and executing test cases to examine software products for bugs and possible failures
- Responsible for the analysis, design, programming, debugging and modification of software applications and testing solutions.
- Requires knowledge of real-time operating systems and software integration of End to End Process & System of the site production process including MES and OPC
- Continuously improving process and work methodologies by interfacing with peers/cross-functional groups and analyzing activities to improve workflow and work processes
- Mentoring Engineers in software engineering activities/methodologies and domain knowledge
- Knowledge of at all levels of MES system- Application, Networking and database
- Level 8 Degree qualfied
- 5+ years industry experience (highly regulated space such as pharma/med devices/aerospace/automotive)
- Experience of PLC and HMI platforms (e.g. Rslogix, Siemens TIA Portal etc.)
- Experience in Vision Systems (Cognex Insight Explorer, Visionpro etc.)
- Knowledge of Industrial Protocols e.g. (Ethernet, Profibus, Profinet, OPC etc.)
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current job opportunity please contact Marcel Skolimowski on 021 4847 138 / marcel at sigmar.ie
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.