What You Will Do:
- Develop and manage a high performance specialist team of approximately engineers and technicians with focus on customer needs, compliance, and quality.
- Co-ordinate the work activities within the various work teams across two shifts, ensuring that adequate resources are available to meet customer expectations.
- Make all direct reports aware of their commitment to patient safety and product quality.
- Ensure that direct reports are meet their training requirements and understand and comply with the regulations governing their work.
- Adopt a leadership role in developing and implementing new techniques and initiatives to enhance the lab management systems, promoting awareness of best practices and making appropriate decisions daily.
- Lab Optimisation: Manage scheduling and sequencing of testing, ensuring maximum utilisation of equipment and test resources.
- Supports equipment maintenance: Qualification status, spares maintenance, safety maintenance, PEMAC adherence, Problem solving, Calibration scheduling, PSV scheduling etc.
- Departmental Quality representative for all internal / external audits as functional expert.
- Ensure constant vigilance in the lab for non-conforming events and maintain a culture of transparency, rapid evaluation, and appropriate escalation for such events.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate metrics to management to drive continuous quality and efficiency.
- Support for the release and maintenance of all department procedures, ensuring compliance with Corporate Quality requirements.
- Monitor and Support lab spend to ensure that budgetary requirements are adhered to.
- Develop and Mentor Technicians and Engineers.
- Develop and Implement imporovement plans and expand lab capabilities to support current and future Mechanical Testing of Commercial and PDP products.
What You Will Need:
- Honours Degree (NFQ level 8) in Engineering or Science
- A minimum of 3 years supervisory experience
- Strong technical abilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
What You Will Receive:
- Excellent Salary & Comprehensive Benefit Package which will support you and your family
- A career which help you to achieve fulfillment
- A rich, diverse culture that empowers you to grow both personally & professionally
- Work-Life Balance - This company are passionate about empowering their employees to progress within their career while maintaining a work-life balance
- Fast-Tracked Career Progression
- Collaboration with Global Yeams
- Social Responsibility - This company are passionate about improving areas important to our local communities & proudly run charity events throughout the year
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.