Are you an experienced manager with mechanical background and knowledge of road passenger legislation?
- Overall Engineering responsibility for the vehicle fleet and the reporting of Engineering KPIs.
- Formulating & implementing strategies & budgets for engineering, maintenance & materials that are fully in line with business plans.
- Ensuring that all vehicles in the Region are maintained and serviced to the required standards.
- Ensuring the appropriate & timely planning, scheduling and monitoring of all maintenance, repair and modifications/refurbishment of all vehicles; monitoring fuel management.
- Ensuring the proper management of vehicle examination and certification processes.
- Reviewing & developing engineering, maintenance & materials activities for continuous improvement.
- Implementation of ongoing Cost Saving initiatives.
- Ensure that all necessary fleet records and other activity statistics are maintained.
- Overseeing the age profile, safety & performance of all vehicles.
- Manage the development and training of staff to meet the growing needs of the business, dealing with disciplinary and other staff related issues.
- Leading relevant trade union/staff negotiations
- Ensuring timely & thorough investigations of technical aspects of accidents and collisions.
- Maintenance and development of engineering facilities.
- Continued development of safety culture.
- Develop, implement and maintain SOPs and Risk Assessments for activities, equipment and facilities in the Region.
- Qualified Mechanical Engineer preferably with experience in the field of road passenger vehicles.
- Knowledge of legislation linked to road passenger transport. Understanding of Health & Safety Legislation and practice essential
- Previous management experience, particularly with regard to managing people
- Experience of change management preferable
- Excellent understanding &working knowledge of SAP
- Ability to work with Word,Excel, PowerPoint, an advantage
For a confidential discussion on this or any other job opportunities please contact Jakub on 021 2359 140 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.