We are looking for a Newly Qualified Accountant to join the Management Accounts Department of a fast growing practice based in Limerick City. This is an excellent opportunity for a newly qualified Accountant with Top 10 experience to move away from an Audit role whilst maintaining the client facing aspect of their role.
You will be joining a team of 5 existing members, and will be a senior member of the team. This team and the business as a whole are growing so this is a great job for an ambitious Accountant who has career progression in their sights.
Your job will involve:
• Preparation of management accounts on a periodic basic (monthly/quarterly/annually)
• Interaction with client at all stages of the accounts preparation and approval process
• Using accounting packages for the maintenance of books and records e.g. Xero/Sage/Relate/Oracle
• Managing client relationships
• Preparation of annual financial statements and liaising with the auditors and clients
• Liaising with the financial reporting team
• Liaising with company secretary of the clients and tax teams
• Analysing management accounts, financial statements and business plans of the clients
• Understanding the client’s business, assisting with new transactions they may enter into and applying accounting techniques to capture the transactions
• Researching technical queries on IFRS/FRS 102 and other accounting standards
• Coaching members of the team and reviewing work accordingly
Along with your Accounting qualification, you will ideally have the following skills and experience:
• Experience in working with a Big 4 or top 10 Accounting practice
• Strong logic and problem solving competencies
• Excellent organisational skills
• Proficient in MS Office and other accountancy software packages (SAP/Xero/Sage)
• Strong team working and interpersonal skills
• Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines to ensure compliance requirements are met
• Attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to take ownership of own professional development
This is an immediate requirement, please apply here or contact Denis Cremin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.