- You will be responsible for screening and Isolating soil/plant heavy metal resistant or TPH/PAH degrading microbes from soil/plant samples and from a large selections of microbiome samples.
- The Microbiologist will design and conduct molecular and bioassay experiments for the mechanism of action study of the selected microbes.
- Designing and executing product development experiments.
- Communicating scientific findings to key business partners through written technical and non-technical materials, and oral presentations.
- You will be responsible for preparing technical reports and SOPs; Maintaining appropriate R&D records (e.g. Laboratory notebooks); procurement of research materials and general laboratory management;
- Organising and maintaining stocks and consumables including essential strain collections and microbial consortia.
- Carrying out routine maintenance of equipment.
- Assisting with research funding and patent applications
- D. in Microbiology, Microbial Genetics, Biochemistry or related field. Minimum of 3 years of experience in an industrial or research lab studying soil and/or plant microbiology or equivalent.
- Deep knowledge of soil/plant microbiome literature is required.
- Expertise and extensive research experience in soil microbiome and/or plant endophytes is highly required.
- High level of competency in isolation, culture, and characterization of soil/plant associated microbes
- Knowledge of the study of microbial colonization of plants and/or soil pollutant degradation
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.