Job Title: Senior Supply Chain Purchasing Supervisor
Contract type: Permanent
About the company:
You will work as the Senior Supply Chain Purchasing Supervisor for a global medical device company based in Co. Galway with excellent base salary and benefits.
About the Job:
As the Senior Supply Chain Purchasing Supervisor, you will be responsible for overseeing the purchasing team. The Supply Chain department like to exceed customer expectations through Supply Chain excellence, procurement of quality raw-material and services at a fair price, ensuring on-time delivery and inventory targets.
- Leading the Purchasing Team – Coach and mentor staff on targets and objectives.
- Supporting audits and ensure compliance with Quality Management System.
- Negotiate and evaluate contracts with vendors and ensure competitive pricing.
- Support stakeholders with improvement initiatives to improved cost and quality of products.
- Leading operational excellence methodologies to drive continuous improvement.
- Managing introduction and end-of-life processes of new products.
- Optimising supply chain inventory management
- Monitoring and managing inventory levels to inventory targets.
- Explore improvements and cost reductions including product transfer, local sourcing, and strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Oversee all processing of information within purchasing department.
- Supporting Integrated Business Planning process including anticipation and detection of any future potential supply chain risks.
- Oversee implantation of best practice for the purchasing function through Standard Work in Materials Management process.
- Ensure continuity of supply of material in support of Master Production Plan.
- Ad hoc duties and projects as they arise.
- 3rd level qualification in Business, Supply Chain, APICS or equivalent qualification.
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role within a regulated environment.
- Previous experience with the use of ERP / MRP platforms.
- BPCS experience an advantage but not essential.
- Excellent communication & organisational skills.
- Decisive approach and the ability to operate in cross functional environment.
- Motivated individual with excellent analytical skills.
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity, please reach out to me on
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Sigmar will never forward your CV to a third party without your prior consent.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.