Sigmar are currently working with a leading Asset Manager in their search for an Investment Manager to contribute to investment opportunities across the Climate Agenda. This role offers excellent career progression with senior stakeholder exposure.
The incumbent of the Senior Investment Manager role can expect to work on all aspects of transactions. From leading the delivery of all aspects of a particular transaction, and subsequent to investment, to monitor the transaction throughout its full lifecycle.
- Contribute to development of Climate Investment strategy
- Originate and execute transactions (both direct and platform investments) aligned with this strategy, across multiple areas of the economy, including energy, transport, waste, enterprise and the built environment
- Build and maintain relationships with key government departments related to Climate agenda.
- Remain up-to-date on Policy and regulatory developments in climate related areas
- Represent in key climate-related forums
- Lead significant complex transactions / portfolio activities
- Lead negotiations with third parties
- Produce very high quality papers and presentations
- Co-ordinate projects / transactions, review and ensure quality, drive delivery
- Have a relevant third level qualification.
- Demonstrate a keen and well-informed interest in the issues surrounding climate change, policy, and the associated investment opportunities
- Demonstrate a strong track record in climate related investment (equity or debt). Technically strong across a range of sub-sectors and/or products
- Strong project management/delivery capabilities and relationship management will be considered a requirement.
- 6+ years’ experience in climate related field, ideally working in private equity, venture capital, corporate finance, commercial/corporate banking, or similar environment working with climate related transactions
- Familiarity with key technologies in climate arena an advantage
- Experience of relationship management with investees and/or other third parties
- Previous experience working with Investment Committee and Board processes will be considered an advantage.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.