One of the world's leading medical devices companies that care about diversity & saving lives is looking for an Operational Excellence Specialist to join their Cork branch on a permanent basis.
The ideal candidate will be the facilitator and project manager responsible for the successful planning, scheduling, and completion of multiple operations improvement projects. They will work closely with the Senior Leadership Team, as well as cross-functionally, in order to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective operational/business solutions for all aspects of the organization.
- Coordinating with site leadership to identify and prioritise targeted areas of opportunity for eliminating waste and reducing variation.
- Leading highly visible and complex process improvement projects.
- Providing leadership in the area of Business and Operational Excellence continuously improving the Lean Six Sigma maturity of the site.
- Leading site Kaizen events to achieve financial or strategic objectives.
- Developing solutions to diverse business problems of high complexity which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Planing and organising project assignments of substantial variety and complexity.
- Coaching and mentoring of employees at all levels in the use of Lean Six Sigma tools and systems.
- Work closely with R&D and Process Development at early stages of product life cycle to ensure that new products and processes are “Born Lean”.
- Providing regular communication of project status to departmental staff and Leadership Team and influence senior management to apply Lean Six Sigma tools
- Preparing and presenting engineering standard data in line with corporate guidelines.
- Identifying opportunities for improvement and prioritizing by impact to operations within priorities set by management.
- Applying Lean Six Sigma tools and methodologies/DMAIC process to improve or solve manufacturing problems by reducing cost/waste or improving quality and/or capability
- Working effectively with operations and support functions to translate process improvement findings into sustained improvements and standard work
- Degree level qualified
- Proven experience in continuous improvement and expertise in Lean Six Sigma tools within an operational environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes cGMP, industry regulations, process development, and new product introduction.
- Strong analytical skills and systematic problem-solving skills
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or equivalent
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills with the ability to influence, coach, present and engage at all levels both internally and externally
- Ability to present information and new ideas in an articulate manner and translate this into practical solutions within the operation
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current job opportunity please contact Marcel Skolimowski on 021 4847 138 / marcel at sigmar.ie
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.