Our Public Sector client is seeking to establish a panel of suitably qualified candidates to fill Sea
Fisheries Protection Officer vacancies which may arise in Greencastle, Co. Donegal.
A Sea Fishery Protection Officer performs multi-faceted front-line roles related to Sea-Fisheries conservation and Seafood safety. This work requires the regular conduct of direct inspections onboard fishing vessels, at processing establishments and seafood business premises and in other places of fisheries and marine activity.
- Conducting direct inspections of fishing vessels, processing establishments, seafood business premises and other places of fisheries and marine activity to verify compliance and to detect non-compliance with Sea-Fisheries and Seafood safety legislation.
- Taking appropriate follow-up action following these inspection activities such as writing reports, inputting data into databases of inspection activity, compilation of written statements or attending court to act as a witness for the prosecution.
- Collecting, verifying and inputting fisheries statistics in a timely and accurate manner.
- Collecting samples of shellfish, fishery products and fish to sampling specification at shellfish production sites, fish processing establishments, auction halls and fishing vessels and ensuring the delivery of these samples in a suitable condition to conduct the analysis intended.
Essential Entry Requirements:
- Minimum qualification of a National Diploma Level 7 in a discipline relevant to this role.
Desirable Entry Requirements:
- Previous experience in a regulatory environment
- Full, clean driving licence
For further information on the Application Process, please submit your CV to Shane in Sigmar Recruitment.
Deadline ofr Applications is 12 noon on the 4th of August 2021
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.