Sigmar are currently working closely with a Global Fund Manager in their Search for a Senior Model Risk Manager in their Dublin office. This role sits in a wider European Risk Management function. The incumbent of the role will drive the execution of the annual risk plan, undertake risk assessments, review risk events, and support the delivery of relevant Board Risk Committee and Risk forum reporting.
- Interpret quantitative figures into economic and financial impact/insight.
- Develop and perform the risk monitoring of model-driven funds, and link this to the current market environment.
- Provide risk advice to the product development and innovation department in creating and setting up new products.
- Perform model validations.
- Liquidity stress testing in line with ESMA guidelines.
- Work with financial data (Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters Eikon) and financial application software (such as Matlab, Simcorp Dimension, Python, FusionInvest).
- Support the development and review of risk management related policies and procedures and be proactive in identifying areas for control enhancement.
- Undertake risk assurance reviews in line with business requirements, and review management risk and control reviews.
- Oversight of the arrangements for identifying, measuring, managing and monitoring the various risks related to the Irish funds.
- Degree in finance, economics, engineering, mathematics, or equivalent quantitative field;
- At least 5 years’ experience in the financial services industry, preferably in a risk related role;
- Knowledge of VBA, Matlab or Python is desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge of UCITS, AIFMD and Central Bank requirements is desirable.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.