Supplier Engineer II
This role concentrates on all aspects of supplier selection, supplier process & material changes and technical support for all purchased materials. The Materials Supplier Engineering Team is responsible for the technical leadership and resolution of non-conformances within the supply chain and achieving year-on-year material cost reduction targets.
- Technical Team Member on Teams comprising representatives from Purchasing, Supplier Quality and Business Units responsible for all aspects of Supplier Management.
- Responsible for supporting objectives of the Team in terms of Quality, Cost and Service
- Works with Procurement, Supplier Quality Engineering, Receiving Inspection & Business Units to ensure that components meet established requirements
- Ensures that adequate Corrective Actions are identified, implemented and controlled by Suppliers
- Provides guidance to other functional areas in applying Supplier Management system requirements
- Communicates effectively with all Internal and External Stakeholders.
- Develops new Supply sources with Procurement Team
- Assesses and Approves Supplier Requested Process Changes.
- Bachelor's degree (HETAC level 8) and minimum 3 years relevant work experience
- Demonstrated track record in 3rd Party Material Qualification (First Article), Risk Documentation Analysis (DFMEA) and specification interpretation
- MSA/Gauge R&R Experience Required
- Competent in statistical analysis
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt certification is desired
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Material/Supplier Engineering/Supplier Quality experience is desired
- Proven Stakeholder Management
To apply for this position please contact Chloe Walsh at Sigmar Recruitment T: +353 91 455305 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Sigmar will never forward your CV to a third party without prior consent
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.