Sigmar are working closely with a leading Asset Manager in their search for a Head of AML. This is a growing area for the business and the incumbent of the role will lead the European AML function.
As the Head of AML you will oversee the implementation of the Division’s investor and client AML policy ensuring compliance with all local requirements across the business's European platform.
- Oversee the European AML program for the business that utilizes internal systems, processes and controls to help detect, monitor and report Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing activities to the relevant parties.
- Manage a risk-based AML program designed to identify, verify and risk rate investors investing in alternative investment funds.
- Ensure that business and its clients are not exposed to criminal risk, and does not inadvertently facilitate financial crime.
- Work closely with multiple stakeholders, especially clients, to explain the need for a robust AML/CDD program and be solution-focused in their interactions.
- Advise on the content and creation of policies and processes necessary to ensure full AML compliance and work closely with AML experts and the business to ensure there is sufficient education and understanding on AML matters.
- Lead a team of experts to facilitate seamless delivery of the businesses AML service.
- Interact directly with senior business management in a decision-making capacity in Ireland and other applicable jurisdictions.
- 8-10 years AML related work experience in a financial services institution, preferably Funds Industry
- An excellent knowledge of AML Regulations in Ireland and other jurisdictions such as Luxembourg, Guernsey & Cayman.
- Expertise and understanding of the Transfer Agency business and client servicing.
- Knowledge of regulations impacting the financial services
- You have demonstrated leadership experience coupled with superior communication skills.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.