Underwriting Governance Specialist required for leading Insurance Company. (EEA)
Reporting to the Underwriting Governance Manager, you will provide assurance that the underwriting business operates effectively, and in accordance with agreed rules and frameworks. This includes the provision of risk-based assessment, identification, and monitoring.
- Compliance/Risk/Controls/Governance/Assurance (as current role)
- New role so you will have alot of autonomy.
- This hire will sit between market facing and technical underwriters.
- Framework is already in place.
- Multi line experience - Commercial and Retail Experience working internationally would be an advantage.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Insurance qualification or other relevant post graduate qualification preferred.
This is a new role in a new team of 6 so the selling point here is that you will be able to mould this role from the offset.
- Possesses a high level of knowledge of product and industry.
- Highly numerate and analytical thinker.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to resolve conflict within a complex stakeholder group.
- Ability to positively resolve customer complaints.
- Pro-active and innovative approach to all types of resolution.
- Astuteness and commercially aware.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of insurance MI & financial data.
- Highly discrete with confidential information.
- Able to present information and arguments in a clear and compelling way.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, any other language big benefit.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.