I am seeking an experienced Facilities Services Manager with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results to join my expanding medical device client.
This is a permanent job based in Galway that offers excellent benefits and career opportunities.
- You will lead the business continuity system across the campus and liaise with the global security organization to ensure that you adopt best practices across the network.
- You will direct and organise cleaning & janitorial operations to ensure healthy and attractive facilities.
- Direct grounds and landscaping to ensure a safe and attractive environment, while enhancing the safety and durability of the property.
- Effectively establish an excellent working relationship with the IT desktop team to provide suitable new way of working (NWOW) solutions.
- Coordinate meeting events and set ups in support of key visits from executives & clinicians.
- Direct the security operations across the campus, liaises with the global security team and remain a key point of contact for any unplanned fire alarm incidents.
- Oversee equipment and systems replacement or upgrades.
- You will evaluate condition and function of building utility systems to determine needs and priorities for capital funding requests. Ensure building code compliance, proper installation and design practices for systems associated with minor or major maintenance and renovation projects.
- Act as a liaison between the client and regulatory agencies and/or authorities including building code compliance.
- Manage tradespersons and employees within the Facilities Department. Review and evaluate existing programs, services, policies and procedures. Develop recommendations concerning improvements and implements or guides implementation of new and/or modified programs, services, policies or procedures.
- Communicate with client administrative and supervisory staff as well as external groups, agencies, contractors, architects and engineers to plan, organize, coordinate and/or communicate programs, services, policies and/or procedures.
- Monitor flow and quality of work to assure timely completion of workload and adherence to facility’s standards and regulations.
- Prepares and manages departmental budgets.
- Monitor work performance and preparing and/or reviewing performance evaluations for assigned personnel.
- Establishe a safe work environment for employees by performing safety audits and inspections, conducting safety-related training, and maintaining on-going communications with employees.
Your Background & Education:
- HETAC Level 8 in degree in Facilities Management, a related qualification in engineering, management or business studies for example or a relevant professional qualification
- Other desirable qualifications may include Certified Facilities Management (CFM) and/or project management (PMP).
- A proven track record of successful Facilities Management leadership experience as demonstrated by articulated results and accomplishments.
- Has managed multiple departments including grounds, housekeeping, construction/project management and maintenance.
- Exceptional customer service, relationship building and communication skills.
- Ability to lead quarterly and annual business reviews in front of the leadership of the client.
- Experience working with outside vendors and subcontractors.
- Strong leadership skills with a focus on staff development, innovation and team building.
- Has strong financial acumen and budget management experience.
For more information, please contact Emma on 091 455 307.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.