- To provide leadership within the EH&S culture and improve responsibility for EH&S compliance with Irish/EU regulations and laws while providing guidance to company.
- Ensures timely risk assessment and adequate controls for H&S processes.
- The development of task specific Method statements, risk assessments, safe plan of action, permit to work
- Carry out regular site audits and inspection, document results and follow up on any corrective actions
- To be able to work independently and off their own initiative while working in a team environment.
- Liaise closely with the Construction team to coordinate issues relating to the Site e.g. waste disposal, fire safety equipment, Site logistics and other compliance testing and audit non-compliances
- Responsible for the coordination and management of PPE.
- Support the wider management team with investigating accidents, incidents, high potential near misses or other significant events/issues. Ensuring that investigation close out action’s plans are completed in the required time frame.
- Ensuring sub-contractor documentation and training has been reviewed prior to commencement and complies with legal and company policies.
- Site induction & training is coordinated, managed & maintained.
- 3rd level qualification in Construction or Health & Safety.
- Experience in leading health & safety on construction sites.
- 4 + years’ experience working in a H&S role in a construction or similar environment.
- Highly organised and strong attention to detail.
- Have the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines and targets.
- A full Driving License
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.