Sigmar are currently working with a leading Banking client in their search for a Head of Cards and Payments in what is a growing function within their Daily Banking Product team. The incumbent of this role will play an integral part in ensuring the Bank is providing a best-in-class Card and Payments infrastructure which supports the Daily Banking product suite.
- Strategic and Operational oversight of the Bank’s Credit Card, Debit Card and Payment activities with management responsibility for a team of specialists within this area.
- Maintain and manage the key strategic internal and external relationships with key providers for the cards and payment business.
- Have responsibility for compliance with all current and future regulation relating to cards and payments.
- Play a critical part in the input, challenge and support to project managers in the ongoing management of a payment card proposition. This would include specification of payment functionality, scheme compliance and integration with core banking systems and architecture.
- Be integral in the maintenance and enhancement of the existing cards and payments process and ensure supplier performance in line with service levels and contract terms.
- Ensure a robust control framework for cards and payments activities that is consistent with the Bank’s Risk Appetite Framework and regulatory requirements.
- Working as part of the Transactional Banking team, ensure card and payments services are aligned to changing customer and market requirements thus optimising the competitive product and service offering.
- Previous exposure in leading an experienced team.
- Extensive experience and knowledge in cards and payments within a Retail Banking or
- Financial services environment.
- Demonstrated experience of successful vendor management including SLA Management
- and dispute resolution.
- Up to date with all relevant regulation and will have presented at Executive, Board and
- Regulator level.
- Gravitas to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.