About your new Job:
· Act as the point of contact for clients on all accounting matters and work in close cooperation with client directors, corporate lawyers and legal and/or financial assistants (a detailed knowledge of IFRS9 particularly relevant);
· Manage the preparation of the audited annual and interim financial statements with the outsourced accounting team in accordance with standard operating procedures, relevant working guides, in compliance with relevant accounting standards and the relevant regulatory disclosure requirements. A key element of this will be around planning the workstream across a large portfolio of customers (100 plus);
· Provide technical expertise on IFRS and Irish GAAP to understand and resolve queries on a wide range of complicated SPV structures including; Multi Issuance Programmes, CLO’s, RMBS, CMBS, ABS and Aircraft leasing transactions , ensuring all client concerns and expectations are addressed.
· Act as bridge between auditors and the accounting team in Mauritius. Requirement to maintain a strong working relationship with all audit firms and challenge them where required to ensure audits are planned and completed within specified deadlines.
· Provide oversight and review of the accounts produced by Mauritius ensuring high quality of accounts produced which are in full compliance with all IFRS / Irish GAAP standards as applicable.
· Ensure SPV’s meet all Companies Office and regulatory (ISE/TD) deadlines.
· Responsible for dealing with any queries from the regulator (IAASA) on Transparency Directive accounts which can be very technical due to the complexity of the transactions impacted by the Transparency Directive.
· Attend SPV board meetings and brief directors on the financial statements, responding to any queries they have.
· Daily interaction with Mauritius to deal with day to day requests / resolve queries from clients & auditors. Ensure Mauritius are fully aware of the accounting requirements and deadlines for each entity.
· Review documentation on new transactions to identify any accounting issues at deal inception and provide accounting advice where necessary to clients/lawyers.
· Attend client meetings and calls providing accounting advice where necessary.
· Review weekly MIS produced by Mauritius on accounts status and escalate to senior management any issues that may delay signing of financials/potential overdue filings.
· Ensure that quarterly statistical reporting to the Irish Central Bank (FVC or S110) is completed within specified deadlines.
- Qualified ACA/ ACCA Accountant
- At least 5 years relevant experience in accounting (especially IFRS);
- Strong Financial Reporting experience and technical accounting skills;
- Good presentation skills;
- Experience within financial services or the trust industry is an advantage;
- Experience with Aircraft financing structures would be an advantage;
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and data analysis;
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.