Bio-Processing Shift Lead
Reporting to the Manufacturing Associate Director, the Shift Lead will initially be responsible
for supporting all operational readiness activities to ensure the facility design meets end user requirements.
The Shift lead will be responsible for the recruitment, development and retention of the
team to consistently deliver on the specific KPI’s and also to meet with the expectations of our customers.
- The Bio-Processing Shift Lead will be responsible for leading Upstream or Downstream bioprocesses. This may involve overseeing cell culture, solution prep, purification, and drug substance filling activities.
- You will be responsible for managing and leading a large team of Bioprocess Associates (BPA) on shift
- Provide input on equipment installation, start-up, operation and troubleshooting to support introduction of new
- Where necessary, assist in Facility and Equipment start up and Validation
- Manages shift activities with production needs, prioritizes tasks and assigns resources
- You will manage all training and team communications including assignment and prioritization of work
- The Bio-Processing shift lead will lead all employee relation matters and ensure challenges and opportunities are addressed proactively and in a timely
- Responsible for schedule adherence metric on shift; drives performance to ensure throughput and changeover targets are
- You should have 8 years’ supervisory/leadership experience in the pharmaceutical/biopharma industry in a manufacturing leadership role is desirable
- Extensive experience in leading teams, supporting the continued development of employees, motivating and engaging them to achieve their potential
- You should have experience building teams in a “greenfield” context or similar size and scale.
If you’re interested in joining an innovative organisation with excellent career progression opportunities this could be the job for you!
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.