Sigmar are currently working with a leading Insurer in their search for an Underwriting Governance specialist in what is a growing function for the company.
Reporting to the Underwriting Governance Manager, you will provide assurance that the underwriting business operates effectively, and in accordance with in place frameworks. This includes the provision of risk based assessments, identification and monitoring of these business areas.
The responsibilities of the Underwriting Governance Specialist are:
- Monitor underwriting business processes in order to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Review and analyse project performance using standard reporting tools and highlight discrepancies against plan.
- Supports elements of delivery of the Underwriting Assurance Plan process.
- Contribute to the on-going development, implementation and maintenance of governance tools and quality control peer review processes.
- Handles a range of analysis and advice to support the development of effective local and central governance processes and practices.
- Identify and comply with the main principles relevant to legal and regulatory controls that govern standard work practices.
- Collect data from well-established sources and analysis, provide recommendations and commentary to facilitate underwriting decision-making.
- Provide detailed procedural advice to internal clients to ensure that internal standards are adhered to.
Required Skill set:
- Possess a high level of knowledge of product and industry
- Highly numerate and analytical thinkerExcellent negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to resolve conflict within a complex stakeholder group
- Ability to positively resolve customer complaints
- Pro-active and innovative approach to all types of resolution
- Astuteness and commercially aware
- Strong business acumen and understanding of insurance MI & financial dataHighly discrete with confidential information
- Able to present information and arguments in a clear and compelling way
- Fluent in written and spoken English, any other language big benefit
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent is preferred
- Insurance qualification or other relevant post graduate qualification preferred
- Multi line experience - Commercial and Retail Experience working internationally would be an advantag
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.