Looking for a Principal Software Engineer on a permanent basis to join no.1 medical devices company based in county Tipperary.
- Leading software development and integration within the manufacturing site,
- Designing, defineings, implementings system requirements, system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters by using current systems engineering methods and technologies.
- Interfacing with senior management on significant matters, often requiring the coordination of activity across organizational units.
- Creating, contributing and validating documentation within GMP orientated lifecycle (URS, FAT, SAT, IQOQ etc).
- Writing and executing test cases to examine software products for bugs and possible failures
- Responsible for the analysis, design, programming, debugging and modification of software applications and testing solutions.
- Interfacing to analog and digital hardware and software operating system
- Solving engineering problems by analyzing the situation and recommending corrective or alternative actions.
- Mentoring Engineers in software engineering activities/methodologies and domain knowledge
- Knowledge of at all levels of MES system- Application, Networking and database
- Technical Degree
- 5+ years industry experience
- Experience of PLC and HMI platforms (e.g. Rslogix, Siemens TIA Portal etc.)
- Experience in Vision Systems (Cognex Insight Explorer, Visionpro etc.)
- Knowledge of Industrial Protocols e.g. (Ethernet, Profibus, Profinet, OPC etc.)
- Knowledge of C#, Labview, VB.Net, SQL etc. desirable
- Knowledge of Robotics advantageous
- Knowledge of Industry 4.0 technologies advantageous
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current job opportunity please contact Marcel Skolimowski on 021 4847 138 / marcel at sigmar.ie
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.