This role is an excellent opportunity to work at the forefront of machine vision innovation in the manufacturing industry and offers exciting opportunities to work with technologies such as Deep Learning AI, lighting, optics, and industrial communications protocols.
There will be an element of customer-facing in this role also, and it is a great chance to widen engineering skillsets.
- Participate in project teams to develop clear specifications, evaluate the feasibility of concepts, and provide formal estimates for control systems and vision system designs.
- Integrate machine vision systems into a PC or PLC-based system.
- Troubleshoot vision systems remotely for customers.
- Create supporting design documentation.
- Communicate costs and project status to the project lead.
- Collect and analyse inspection results to prove the robustness of vision system changes.
- Work closely with customers to deliver their best-ever customer experience.
- Assist in project feasibility and the sales process.
- Assist in generating and executing software test protocols and provide feedback to developers on improvements and bug fixes.
- Determine Project schedules and work with the team and other stakeholders to ensure adherence.
- 3rd level Technical Degree
- 2+ years of Software Development, Vision System design, and Automation system design experience.
- Any experience with Cognex Vision Pro, Cognex Insight, or other vision is not essential but is an advantage.
- Technical Writing skills.
- Good multi-tasking and prioritisation skills.
- Personal interest in engineering/computer science/artificial intelligence is important.
- Allowed to work in Ireland (have necessary visa/work permit).
- Full clean EU driving licence is essential.
- Be able to travel and work between Ireland/Northern Ireland/UK/EU on a short-term assignment for customer support.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current job opportunity please contact Marcel Skolimowski on 021 4847 138 / marcel at sigmar.ie
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.