Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Here in Galway, I'm recruiting for an experienced Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join a small but expanding medical device company. This is a permanent job and you will join a team of 4 experienced Engineers within the Manufacturing Group. You will focus on manufacturing and process development activities while working closely with R&D.
- As as a Senior Engineer, you will frequently interact with product stakeholders (e.g. external vendors, production, quality, etc.) to identify opportunities and develop appropriate strategies
- Work with and lead internal cross-functional teams and contract manufacturers or design firms to ensure system design, architecture, and verification/validation meets design input.
- Evaluate external technologies and strategically identify opportunities to implement them.
- You will serve as a key communicator from the customer to the design team.
- As the Technical Expert (subject matter expert), you will be responsible for contributing and solving complex projects/issues as they arise.
- Project Management: Create, drive, communicate & execute project plans, tasks and deliverables.
- Develops processes, materials and solutions through in house and out of house development paths.
- Use structured problem-solving techniques and statistical methods for data driven analysis and decisions
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
- Provide technical guidance to other engineers & technicians.
- Level 8 Engineering or Science Degree.
- Experienced Engineer with 5 years in a medical device environment.
- Experience with medical products such as large calibre delivery systems is an advantage
- Product and process development skills in medical devices a must
- Strong knowledge of materials and process capabilities for catheter based medical device implants
- Strong working knowledge and ability to use statistical techniques, six sigma and DFSS methodology
- Proficient in solid works, ACAD and FE
- Ability to work within a team; fully motivated to achieve and demonstrate best practices in line with company objectives.
- Excellent verbal communication skills to enhance collaboration and written skills to prepare/execute/communicate plans and reports
- Strategic Planner with successful scheduling & execution results
For more information, please contact Emma on 091 455 307.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.