A Senior Accountant is required for a Global Private Equity firm who are opening a brand-new office in Dublin. This multinational company sits in 7 worldwide locations to date. This is a great chance to join as one of the first finance hires and make this role your own and set a clear path to progression for yourself.
Accounts Preparation – Financial statements & management accounts
- Prepare financial statements/management accounts for a wide range of client structures and differing complexity to LOCAL GAAP or IFRS standards
- Compile a full file of working papers for all accounts prepared
- Liaise with auditors in respect of the financial audit of client entities as required
- Liaise with clients & intermediaries in respect of monthly & quarterly management accounts as required
- Ensure that financial statements prepared are completed and signed off within client, statutory or regulatory deadlines
- Attend client meetings in respect of accounting matters as required
- Review annual and periodic accounts prepared by the team
- Tax Duties
Other Adhoc tasks:
- Monitor profitability and recoverability of engagements and ensuring that functions are carried out in accordance with agreed fee levels and identifying and reporting to client accounting manager potential overruns at the earliest opportunity
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of client-specific accounting procedures
- Liaise with external contacts to obtain and provide the required information
- Assist with and contribute to ad hoc projects as required
Strong Team Player & Organisational Skills:
- Coach more junior members of staff
- Organize own workflow and that of junior staff members
- Prioritize own workload
- Deal with matters in a timely manner
Requirements for the job of Senior Accountant:
- Third Level Degree
- ACA qualified
- 3 years post qualified experience
- Funds, private equity investments, real estate interest, and experience needed.
- IT skills: Sunguard Investran would be desirable
This role is a permanent full-time position, flexible working hours, with extensive benefits.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.