My client within the Charity /Not for profit space are hiring an accountant in Dublin 2 Preparation of the annual budget and forecasts.
• Monitor financial performance against budget and immediately report any deviations to the CEO.
• Preparation of monthly accounts and quarterly reports on project activities and supporting variance analysis for funders and the board
• Preparation of financial report for Audit, Finance and Governance sub-committee.
• Preparation of annual accounts for audit & liaise with Auditors.
• Prepare and process staff salaries and pensions. Ensure all appropriate returns are made to Revenue/Pension Provider.
• Manage cash flow (banks & petty cash).
• Oversee, monitor & report on all non-statutory grants/donations.
• Ensure all forms of the organisation’s insurance are in place. • Work with and develop the SORP Accounting Model.
• Ensure governance requirements are met in line with best practice e.g. Charities Regulatory Authority, Companies Register Office, Revenue Commissioners etc.
• Develop and oversee Ecass/Salesforce IT system. Ensure full utilisation of Ecass system across the organisation.
• Liaise with IT service provider.
• Working knowledge of Sage 50 Accounts & Sage Micropay. Operations
• Monitor compliance with all operational procedures; review their effectiveness including annual audit processes and take appropriate action where necessary.
Ensure that services are underpinned by appropriate Quality Standards, as agreed in consultation with the CEO.
• Maintain and develop administrative systems, accounting procedures, office systems and database.
• Develop and implement organisational maintenance strategy ensuring all aspects of building maintenance and repairs are attended to in a timely manner and make recommendations for building improvements/enhancements.
• Ensure all Health and Safety requirements including risk assessment, contingency management, mandatory training is in place and adhered to.
• Oversight of Data Protection procedures and liaising with relevant personnel.
• Responsible for COVID policies, procedures & contingency planning. • To comply with all policies and procedures.
•. Finance qualification is essential (IATI minimum qualification).
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.