Senior Buyer – Tipperary
About your new Role
As Senior Buyer you will be responsible for obtaining services, components and equipment. You will check requisitions, obtain quotations, examine bids and make awards. You will develop new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are inadequate.
About your new Employer About your new Role
Your new company are a leading Medical Device company based in Tipperary.
- Manage suppliers by communicating via phone and email to negotiate activities involving materials and services.
- Manage internal and external customers by answering queries and assisting in solving their problems so they can perform.
- Implement cost saving ideas to obtain maximum efficiency of company funds.
- Conduct supplier audits.
- Inventory management.
- Identify invoice discrepancies.
- Investigate non-conforming materials by communicating with production engineers.
- Maintain records.
- Provide written data to departments and suppliers to convey company needs and requirements.
- Process purchase requests.
- Level 8 Degree in a relevant discipline.
- At least 8 years experience working in a Buyer position.
- Medical Device/ Pharmaceutical industry experience is preferable but not essential.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience using an ERP / MRP system.
What you will receive
You will be rewarded with a temporary contract with a leading employer of choice based in Tipperary.
For more information on this and other administration jobs please call Nicola McCarthy on 021-2359146 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.