Sigmar are currently working with a leading Asset Manager in their search for a Manager to come into the Private Equity Fund Accounting team in what is a growing space for the business.
As a manager in the Private Equity Fund Accounting team you will be expected to run a team of high performing individuals. Therefore the incumbent of the role will have an indepth knowledge of Private Equity, Real Estate structures and other related investment types.
- Be the main daily client operational contact for the Private Equity Department.
- Support the Head of Private Equity and assist in strategic business decision making.
- Assist the Head of Private Equity in growing the PE unit including assisting in sales pitches, hiring staff and developing workflows, operating models and best practices.
- Work with Business Development team in assessing new opportunities.
- Develop relationships with all client contacts including investment professionals, investors, lawyers, auditors and banking personnel.
- Supervise staff accountants on systems, processing, procedures and job responsibilities.
- Train, coach and mentor team members as well as providing feedback on performance and conduct performance appraisals.
- Review and approve work performed by fund accountants & analysts.
- At least 10 years’ experience in a Fund Administration role with at least 5 of those working in a Private Equity role.
- Experience in working on a Private Equity accounting systems.
- Have a strong knowledge of Private Equity structures, various Fund domiciles regulatory requirements and waterfall calculations
- Have experience in reviewing Limited Partnership Agreements and OM’s.
- Prior experience in managing a team.
- Strong oral, written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong Coordination and Relationship Management skill.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Individual who takes initiative and ownership of assigned responsibilities.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude with excellent problem solving skills.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.