Sigmar Recruitment are looking for a Technical Network Support Engineer for one of our clients based in Cork. This is a permanent opportunity with a global IT security company who protect over 400,000 organisations of the most advanced cyberthreats. You will work as part of the network group delivering technical support to the company’s partners and customer base.
- Experience of supporting customers via phone & email within an IT environment.
- Know how to frame and understand a customer issue and troubleshoot it through to resolution.
- Demonstrable knowledge of fundamentals of networking and systems principles including DNS, DHCP, VLANs, Subnetting, Routing Protocols, Email, SSO, Client Security and Antivirus
- Experience in troubleshooting protocols like HTTP, SMTP, FTP, SMB, DNS and DHCP
- Troubleshooting using Wireshark or similar for packet captures
- Professional certifications from Cisco, Microsoft, ICS2, GIAC, Network+ etc. not essential but desirable
- Demonstrated self-starter who can adapt quickly between roles, duties and tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, inspiring confidence while leading customers through the steps to resolve issues.
- Knowledge of Virtualization, Linux and Windows systems advantageous
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.