Looking for an experienced Payroll Specialist to look after the processing of the monthly payroll for a well established company based in Athlone.
- Ensuring the accurate and timely end to end processing of the monthly payroll for the Company
- Accurately calculating and processing BIK deductions for a significant Company fleet
- Administering third party deductions, i.e. Pension, VHI, Social Welfare, BIK, LPT
- Completing control checks prior to transmitting the final monthly payment
- Liaise with the Finance Department to ensure payroll accruals are accurate
- Managing the payroll email inbox and deal with all payroll and benefit related queries in a timely manner
- Prepare and compile specialised payroll reports
- Keep up to date with Revenue on line services
- Keep up to date with legislative changes including employment, taxation and social welfare which impact on payroll and advise other team members and management on same
- Accurate and timely processing and completion of payroll year end
- Complete reports for pension brokers and CSO.
- Manage the time and attendance system including obtaining relevant paperwork and accurately recording all absences and updating HR records i.e. new employees, leavers, annual leave, absences etc
- Ensure that an attendance report is run weekly and all gaps are addressed in a timely manner as this is essential for the smooth operation of the monthly payroll.
- Monitoring hours worked to ensure compliance with working time legislation and highlight any concerns to HR Director.
- Manage annual leave entitlements in line with company policy to ensure employees do not exceed entitlement and highlight any concerns to line management.
- Responding to all payroll queries for employees
- Liaise with auditors on an annual basis
- Be a super user of the time and attendance system (Softworks) and complete implementation of the same
- Provide advice on all types of leave including statutory and Company
- Assist with administrative duties within the HR Department such as issuing of contract
- IPASS qualified
- Have a minimum of 2 years recent experience in a similar role covering end to end payroll processing
- Have experience in managing a large (in-house) payroll i.e. in excess of 100 employees
- Have experience in updating and maintaining a time and attendance system
- Possess a high level of attention to detail and integrity
- Possess the ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills
- Be a confident communicator both verbal and written
If you are interested in this Payroll Specialist role, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 091 455 300.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.