Financial Controller | 70k
My client in the public sector are recruiting for a Financial Controller for an initially 12-month contract.
- As Financial Controller you will oversee all payments ensuring funds are distributed in line with strong governance and financial controls.
- You will manage all aspects of financial reporting including the annual budgeting process, internal monthly reporting, forecasting and preparation of year end statutory accounts.
- The role will manage a team of six including the accounts payable function.
- You will play a key role in ensuring the annual budget is maximised.
- The role will prepare and present financial reports to the Audit and Risk Committee and on occasion to the Board.
- The role will also play a key role in leading the organization in the area of Corporate Governance.
- Proven project management and effectiveness in heading up, managing and mentoring teams and demonstrated ability to delivery projects end to end.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and interpretive skills with an ability to think strategically and use sound judgement on complex issues.
- Qualified Accountant with 3+ years PQE.
- Delivery of annual reports and management reporting.
- Experience of ensuring compliance to financial controls and procedures.
- Effective staff management skills.
- Proven attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience of working in the Public Sector would be an advantage
Send your cv to Graham in the Accountancy & Finance team in Sigmar Recruitment directly firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on 01 4744642 for a confidential conversation regarding this role.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.