CAD Technician II
Due to continued expansion of our operations, we are seeking applications from a suitably qualified and experienced Manufacturing CAD Technician II - Permanent
- Collaborates with Engineering in developing, trouble shooting, standardising and improving existing production equipment, fixtures and hardware designs.
- Creates and modifies detailed CAD models (2D & 3D) from sketches, models, layouts or notes.
- Checks drawings versus the project inputs for correctness and conformance to standards.
- Works with Designers/Engineers regarding model accuracy, design, drafting standards and print package documentation.
- Creates 2d working drawings of product components
- Liaises with third party tooling manufacturers on drawing queries, tolerance stack-ups and updating approved drawings
- Creates prototypes on Solid Works to develop concepts and design improvements
- Requires minimum HETAC level 6 in Technical, Science or Engineering discipline or Senior Trades Qualification
- A strong knowledge of design for manufacture (DFM) essential
- 3+ years’ experience in a modern design environment with previous experience in some of the following: Solid works SME, 3D printing
- Proven experience in tooling design including computer aided tooling / fixture design, build and implementation
- Knowledge in the area of moulding design
- Ability to work on own with minimum supervision
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
To apply for this position please contact Emma Ward at Sigmar Recruitment T: +353 91 455307 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Sigmar will never forward your CV to a third party without prior consent
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.