Sigmar are currently working with a leading Financial Services client in their search for an Operational Risk Manager covering the EMEA region. This is a growing function for the company and the incumbent of the role will be responsible for the Development and Implementation of the Operational Risk Framework.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and embedding of the Operational Risk Framework including production of appropriate reporting and training to first line of defense.
- Oversight of risk events, Risk and Capital Assessments and embedding of all the company’s Operational risk standards across the business.
- Oversight of third-party risk management framework and processes from a second line perspective.
- Lead on all operational related deep dive.
- Support the annual Operational Risk Capital Assessment and risk identification workshops, as necessary.
- Responsible for the delivery of appropriate operational risk training to the business and coordination with Group Risk on applicable standards
- To support the oversight of specific change initiatives as needed from an operational risk perspective including risk opinions to the Board, business readiness assessments, third party risk assessments.
- To provide input on non-financial risks to the ORSA and other external reporting as requested.
- Strong knowledge of life & pensions and savings & investment products, markets and competitors
- Strong understanding of risk management frameworks and best practice
- Strong understanding of CBI regulatory requirements and standards which apply to all operational risk including but not limited to outsourcing, technology risks and cyber risks.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and presentation skills
- Gravitas and pragmatism with ability to influence.
- Preferably strong experience of working on transformation projects including technology led projects and/ or overseeing them from a second line risk perspective
- Understanding of agile delivery mechanisms in transformation projects
- Excellent writing skills and experience of delivering high quality papers to committees.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.