Financial Controller required for a retail /wholesale business in Kildare Oversee stock management system to include procedures such as but not limited to scanning goods control, manage credits due from suppliers and daily report of inventory and investigation of results.
• Present weekly management reports in a timely manner perform detailed margin reconciliations
• Cash management including cashflow forecasts weekly, focusing on debtor and creditor payments complete daily bank reconciliations for the group.
• Prepare and input the transactions for inter-company accounts and transfers and investigate margin reports.
• Preparation of month-end file.
• Ability to set up new systems and controls where required
• Review of wholesale debtors and creditors reconciliations
• Review of the Fixed Asset Register and fixed asset verification
• Prepare annual audit schedules and liaise with external auditors
• Ensure rigorous enforcement of current internal control and operational procedures liaise with each department to develop controls driving continuous improvement.
• Liaise with external IT providers for development and testing of new processes
• Ad hoc variance reporting and action planning as required.
• Take a proactive role in supporting other team members.
Skills and Experience: • Qualified accountant with minimum 3 years commercial experience.
• Excellent technical skills ideally experience of General Retail EPOS Accounting Software.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, & Excel and general computer skills
• Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.