This well-established lab instrument manufacturer with a reputation for quality is hiring an experienced R&D Test Engineer on a permanent basis.
- Collaborating with electronic, mechanical, and software engineers, design and build test assemblies to test and debug our new products in order to achieve high-quality designs
- Ensuring the design is of the highest standard,
- Reliability test plan development and testing of components to ensure the component is insensitive to manufacturing variation, temperature, humidity, aging, corrosion, ESD, EMC, vibration, shock, and meets reliability goals
- Assisting operations in solving supply issues, obsolete components, and resolving quality issues.
- Developing and writing procedures for product assembly, debug and test.
- Writing product manuals based on your evaluation and testing of these products.
- Participating and leading as required in technical discussions with the development and sustaining team.
- An understanding of analytical instrumentation, sensor technology, and optical analysis techniques would be a benefit.
- Knowledge of ISO quality systems including Design Control and related requirements.
- Complying with company safety policies including safe operation of equipment, PPE usage, hand tool safety, lock-out-tag-out, and proper storage of tools, etc. Comply with good housekeeping policies.
- Diploma or higher in Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering
- 2-5 years’ experience.
- Occasional foreign travel or travel outside the normal work location may be required.
- Full driving license.
- Design electronic, electrical, and mechanical test fixtures/tests to verify the performance of electrical and mechanical components.
- Evaluate and run long-term reliability tests on test fixtures, document test results to a high standard, and present results to management.
- Test and debug system software..
- Have a good knowledge of PLC programming, a knowledge of Python or other programming languages an advantage.
- Diagnose faults in PCB’s to component level.
- Have a good knowledge of commonly used circuits, analysis, and measurement tools.
- Experience with mechanical design software packages such as AutoCAD Inventor or Solidworks an advantage.
- Experience with PCB design software such as Altium an advantage.
- Has knowledge of FMEA
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current job opportunity please contact Marcel Skolimowski on 021 4847 138 / marcel at sigmar.ie
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.