The world’s leading social media company is looking for a skilled hardware engineer to join their team in Cork on an 11 months' contract. My client is a leader in developing the future of AR/VR displays.
Ideal team members are adaptable and resilient, eager to approach unfamiliar problems with curiosity and tenacity, and able to find ways to help our cross-functional teams to be more efficient.
- Designing custom electronics to support the characterization of LED displays, including schematic capture and PCB design.
- Incorporating custom electronics into experimental setups and interface with benchtop electronic and optical instruments.
- Writing instrument control and data analysis scripts to generate useful outputs from experimental setups.
- Communicating with cross-functional teams to capture requirements for display characterization, and translate requirements into functional systems.
- Playing an important role in a multi-disciplinary team developing and introducing new LED display components,
- Helping to build experiments and systems to characterize display component performance and reliability.
- Electronics design, schematic capture, and PCB layout (preference to Cadence products - OrCad Capture and Allegro)
- Microcontroller project development, including support circuitry and programming
- Python programming skills - experience with instrument control and data acquisition is mandatory
- FPGA programming experience
- Experience with optical characterization
- Experience with mechanical design (Solidworks preferred)
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current job opportunity please contact Marcel Skolimowski on 021 4847 138 / email@example.com
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.