Interested in working on a 4 day week? My client, a leading medical device company, is recruiting for an experienced Lean Engineer to join their team. This is a brand new job, they have never hired for this type of role before so it's a great chance to really make it your own.
- Develop & implement a sustaining continuous improvement program across the business.
- Lead the continuous improvement strategy on site.
- Support a culture of continuous improvement, the elimination of waste and the pursuit of excellence.
- Identify and implement value improvement programs to support the business to achieve its goals and objectives.
- Provide training, coaching, and mentoring in lean principles to both direct and indirect including cross-functional personnel.
- Use Lean Six Sigma tools and methodologies to improve or solve manufacturing problems by reducing cost/waste.
- Monitor and critically review progress of KPI’s against plans and achievement of continuous improvement against key performance operations assessment criteria.
- Responsible for identifying and highlighting further opportunities in delivering improvements in process performance along with identifying opportunities in methodologies that sustain gains.
- Preparation and presentation of engineering standard data.
- Work closely with R&D and Sustaining Engineering at early stages of product life cycle to ensure that new products and processes transfer at optimal performance.
- Identification of improvement opportunities and initiation of project teams to achieve site goals and facilitating the removal of barriers to ensure successful outcomes.
- Identify and develop improvements to increase key process metrics of Service, Delivery, Quality and Cost using Lean / 6 sigma methodologies.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled.
Your Background and Experience:
- Level 8 degree qualified in an Engineering or Science discipline preferably Lean / Operational Excellence Qualified
- Lean Six Sigma certification (minimum Black Belt) with minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Experience in deploying standard work both in the manufacturing and office environment is an advantage.
- Experience rolling out & embedding CI methodologies.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ensures adherence to quality and safety standards with all improvement efforts
- Excellent analytical skills and a strong visionary of waste reduction
- Demonstrated experience in PIM, VSM, 6s, in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven ability to adapt to changing work priorities in response to a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated self-direction & organizational skills
- Good project management skills
For more information, please contact Emma on 091 455 307.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.