IT Operations Manager – Platforms & Infrastructure
This senior role is responsible for the management of our technology services, systems, applications, platforms & infrastructure to high performance and quality standards for an acceptable cost of ownership
• Ownership and overall accountability for IT Operations and service delivery to business units including in service performance and SLAs (Service Level Agreements)
• The management of the IT infrastructure and resources required (including Group IT & any Managed Service Partners) to support IT services and capabilities to meet the needs of business units
• Provision of IT services, levels of service and service quality which meet current and future business requirements
• Information Security: The management of the implementation and operation of information security controls and management strategies
• IT Financial Management: The overall financial management, control and stewardship of the IT assets and resources used in the provision of technical services, ensuring compliance with all governance, legal and regulatory requirements.
• Capacity Management: The management of the capability, capacity and sustainability of service components (including hardware, software and resources) to meet current and forecast needs in a cost-effective manner.
• Availability Management: The definition, analysis, planning, measurement, and improvement of all aspects of the availability of IT services. The overall control and management of service availability to ensure that the level of service delivered in all services is matched to or exceeds the current and future agreed needs of the business, in a cost-effective manner.
• Service Level Management: The planning, implementation, control, review, audit & especially reporting of service provision, to meet customer business requirements. This includes negotiation, implementation and monitoring of service level agreements, and the on-going management of operational facilities to provide the agreed levels of service, seeking continually and proactively to improve service delivery.
• Asset Management: The management of the lifecycle for service assets (hardware, software, intellectual property, licences, warranties etc.) including inventory, compliance, usage and disposal, aiming to optimise the total cost of ownership and sustainability by minimising operating costs, improving investment decisions and capitalising on potential opportunities.
• Operational Vendor Management: Management of the vendor support & maintenance regimens and selection of levels of service (Gold, Silver, Bronze etc.) to meet business requirements
• Work with the IT & Business Transformation function to guide key programmes from development & test into production
• 10+ years’ experience in Technology Plan, Build or Operate at a senior level
• Strong operational management skills at leadership level including knowledge of ITIL, SLA development, 24x7 realtime environments
• Strong technology background preferably with DevOps experience
• Excellent relationship building and senior stakeholder engagement
• Strong financial skills to understand drivers for cost-of-ownership and to devise strategies to drive unit costs down
•Self-starter with the ability to show initiative and work without supervision
Primary Degree in a relevant discipline
For more info contact Eoin on 01 474 4613 or apply for this role online
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.