Contracts Manager Clane
The Contract Manager is responsible for overseeing the contract’s key performance indicators, monitoring the budget, and ensuring all elements of the contract are being delivered to the agreed standard and on time. S/He is responsible for overseeing the project team’s performance ensuring criteria is being met efficiently, safely and in line with regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Developing and Implementing the Construction and Commissioning Strategies
- Chair subcontractor weekly progress meetings and follow through with planned actions
- Driving the right Health & Safety culture on the project, including welfare of the workforce on the site (including JV staff)
- Developing and Implementing the Quality plan strategy.
- Leading the strategic and production planning team
- Create a one team culture and approach to delivering the project to the Time, Cost, Quality and Corporate Responsibility targets and deliverables, acting at all times in the best interests of the Joint Venture
- Providing visible leadership and leading by example around the offices and on site.
- Maintaining and enhancing the JV relationships, and ensuring the JV is recognised as a high performing team.
- Creating and delivering an overall project plan for the duration of the project and updating it as necessary.
- Provide accurate and timely data to the Project Director & Commercial Director to enable them to deliver one project report, for the team and to be shared with key stakeholders
- Empower the team to find a better way, looking to drive out waste by working together and learning from others.
- Valuing and developing our people, both staff and operatives
- Maintaining good relationships with the Client designers, sub-contractors, and other stakeholders, conducive to securing future work
- Deliver the project to cost, time and quality.
- Ensure Engineering Excellence is in place throughout the duration of the project.
- Ensure that integration across the project is timely and developed in agreement with all parties, including the Project Director.
- Develop and agree, through collaboration, a logical sequence of key project milestones & activities, ensuring that the most economical / advantageous construction strategy is adopted & communicated.
- Liaise with the Project Team & Subcontractors to ensure that the program’s critical path is clearly understood and owned by the Project Managers and his team.
- Report directly to the JV Project Director
- Interface & work with the other Project Leadership teams, whilst ensuring that the Project Director is kept abreast of all important issues.
- Develop & own the relationship with your counter-part in the Client’s project Team
- Accountable for developing the highest standard of employee.
- Accountable for developing a cohesive, performance driven, flexible, supportive, rewarding, challenging and celebratory project delivery team.
- Promote knowledge sharing and learning. Accountable for the development of a team able to ‘think outside the box’.
- Take responsibility for personal development and contribute to the development of team members & stakeholders.
- Be responsible for obtaining necessary technical, Health & Safety and personal training and development to meet both external (legislation etc.) and internal (increased performance etc.) demands.
- Accountable for minimising the negative impact of operations and maximising opportunities to improve the quality of the built environment for future generations.
- Ensure all supplier selection takes account of CR supplier code and all suppliers agree and comply with the Site Waste Management Plan.
- Capture information about customers and consumers CR plans and aspirations. Provide innovative solutions and approaches.
- Share best practice and apply principles in community involvement. Make our performance visible and maximise the beneficial impact of our activities.
SPECIFIC ROLE REQUIREMENTS:
- Third level qualification in a construction related field, with at least 8-10 years post graduate experience, 5+ years in a similar role.
- Proven record of delivering large scale Commercial, Industrial or Residential projects,
- Experience of RC Frames, Structural Steel Frames, Timber frame and High Spec Fit-Out
- Experience in delivering projects (value €10m - €30M) from design stage to completion.
- Candidates must be capable of taking responsibility for a number of projects concurrently, as required.
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft Office Suite, BIM360, etc.)
For more information call Thomas on 091455302
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.