Junior Health and Safety Officer based in Leixlip
- Implement the company’s health, safety, quality and environmental policy, procedures and management systems.
- Advising & assisting site management in drafting and communicating Method Statements, Safe Plans of Action and RAMS (risk assessment statements)
- Provide advice, guidance and instruction in all health & safety matters to management, safety representatives and employees.
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or sub-contractors working on site.
- Ensure all equipment is calibrated and tested within company guidelines.
- Conduct regular inspections and site audits, reporting findings to site and senior company management. Strict follow-up is required to ensure that actions are dealt with immediately.
- Ensure that all accidents are reported, recorded and investigated and that suitable notification is given to the Directors, Health & Safety Authority and Insurers as required.
- Compiling relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
- Promote the Company mission of being a healthy and incident and injury free workplace.
- Hold a third level degree in Health and Safety
- Have 1+ years’ experience working as a Junior Health and Safety Officer
- Hold a full, clean Driving license
- Excellent IT skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office including strong excel skills
- Confident proactive and have strong interpersonal and communication skills
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.