Senior IT Project Manager - Retail Banking experience
We are currently undertaking a significant programme of strategic change and have ambitious plans to build on the strong reputation we have developed as a leader in providing innovative financial services on a modern digital platform.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning and delivery of Digital/IT programmes and projects.
The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of successful project delivery including planning, resource management, management reporting, risk, financial management and the handover or set-up of the business as usual/standing organisation. You will be required to provide leadership and will be responsible for program communications at senior level.
- Plan, direct, and co-ordinate activities to manage and implement technical projects from ideation through final operational rollout and handover to business as usual standing organisation
- Manage stakeholder relationships and project steering (up to and including C-level)
- Manage all aspects of project financials from planning through to inception, and ensure that return on investment is realised and optimised throughout the benefit realisation cycle
- Identify, manage and action risks and issues at project and department level
- Manage resource estimation and planning at project level to ensure that initiatives are adequately resourced, using both internal and external capacity
- Ensure governance and delivery life cycle is fully complied with. We use both Agile and Waterfall development lifecycles depending on the nature of the project. Drive the delivery of consistently high quality deliverables which meet or exceed targets and constantly challenge and coach project teams to raise standards
- Technical primary degree or equivalent.
- 5 years’ proven experience with end-to-end project management in a similar role is essential.
- Strong grounding in a least one widely used project management methodology (e.g. MSP, PMP, PRINCE2 or Agile) and the ability to be flexible and to adapt to new technologies is essential. We use both Agile and Waterfall development lifecycles experience in both is a distinct advantage
- Significant Demonstrated capability to identify and engage effectively with stakeholders to establish collaborative trusted working relationships required to deliver complex technology/business solutions.
- Demonstrated understanding of the regulatory and legal environment in which the Bank operates
- Experience in Financial Services or similar industry beneficial but not essential
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent leadership and communication skills: ability to lead and communicate at all levels, including the ability to influence senior stakeholders (C-level).
- Planning & Organising: Ability to organise and plan complex initiatives with conflicting priorities, for team of direct/indirect reports and/or stakeholders, across multiple locations and entities.
- Strategic Thinking: ability to think strategically, and follow through on ideas.
- Solution Orientated: Ability to analyse complex issues, propose solutions and to resolve issues quickly.
- Robust Decision Making: Ability to make robust decisions, showing good judgement.
- Results Orientated: Results oriented with ability to deliver excellent results against stretching targets.
- Attention to Detail: displays attention to detail even when under pressure.
- Flexible Approach to Work: flexible approach to working and the ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
For more info contact Eoin on 01 474 4613 or apply for this role online
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.