Join a growing department, Structural Heart, and be responsible for developing cutting-edge devices while leading a team of talented engineers.
You will be directly involved in providing high level leadership and direction to the R&D team ensuring the implementation of strategic and tactical R&D activities.
- Actively mentor, coach, and ensure career development plans are in place for direct reports
- Attract and retain talent in line with business need
- Drive innovation of concepts to support next-generation designs and novel applications in cardiovascular applications
- Grow and nurture cross site and cross functional relationships in a large, multi-site, matrixed organization
- Manage engineers, and possibly other supervisors, involved in an array of product development and technology exploration projects
- Collaborate with core teams to establish objectives and evaluates progress of direct reports
- Generate novel and unique solutions to both engineering and organizational challenges
- Participate at department management level and build strong peer relationships
- Plans, directs and implements all aspects of the company's design and development of new medical device products or software systems.
- Oversees the investigation and evaluation of existing technologies.
- Guides the conceptualization of new methodologies, materials, machines, processes or products.
- Directs the development of new concepts from initial design to market release.
- Monitors documentation maintenance throughout all phases of research and development.
- Organizes the coordination of activities with outside suppliers and consultants to ensure timely delivery.
- Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one job area.
- Typically has advanced knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with understanding of the impact of work on other areas of the organization.
- Requires a Level 8 degree and minimum of 5 years relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 3 years prior relevant experience.
- Experience of direct management of engineers is a distinct advantage
- Excellent team building, communication, people management and leadership skills are desirable.
- A strong communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
- A dynamic team player and leader and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams
For more information, please contact Emma on 091 455 307.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.