Senior R&D Engineer
This is a new job that will focus on cutting-edge products within Structural Heart. This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in the rapidly growing world of Structural Heart and make a real difference in the medical device industry.
- As the Senior R&D Engineer, you will focus on all stages of the product development process from concept generation through to commercializing of cutting-edge devices.
- Identify and assess opportunities for device, technology & process development
- Work from basic clinical need through opportunity assessment and device concept to prototype
- Effectively represent the company while interacting with physicians to distil their needs into product requirements and concepts
- Participate in technical innovation across the department
- Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the design process
- Apply understanding of anatomy & physiology with engineering knowledge in materials and processes to come up with working designs
- Interface effectively and build relationships with team members, other staff and key technology and component suppliers, both locally and globally
- May be required to progress a project from concept phase into commercialization phase and play a key role on the product /process /engineering /leadership fronts
- Contribute to resolution technical challenges with existing designs and support portfolio sustaining activities
- Contribute to generation of intellectual property
- Delegate/direct work of experienced engineers
- Provide coaching/guidance to less experienced team members
Your Skills and Experience:
- I'm looking for a qualified person to Bachelor/Master’s Degree level 8 in Mechanical, Biomedical or related engineering discipline and desirably with 5 years relevant experience.
- You are a dynamic team player and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- You are experienced interfacing with physicians and reducing feedback to device concepts.
- You are familiar with problem solving techniques and methodologies with broad biomedical materials and processing knowledge.
- You collaborate across organizational boundaries and take appropriate actions when problems occur.
- High level of enthusiasm and motivation, and the ability to take input from others are desirable.
- You are a good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
For more information, please contact Emma on 091 455 307.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.