Business Continuity Coordinator - Energy Sector
An established company playing a key role in the energy sector are looking to recruit an experienced business continuity coordinator / lead for their operations division.
The role is based in Dublin and involves planning to ensure stability and ongoing system performance, and requires a background in business continuity and emergency preparedness.The successful candidate will be able to consider and plan for a variety of risks that could cause interruption to the power system. They will also facilitate effective emergency response processes across the organisation, ensuring resolution of issues and continuous learning.
Summary of position:
The Business Continuity Lead is responsible for oversight of business resilience and emergency preparedness to ensure robust system operations - and that all relevant plans and training contribute to ensure the group is compliant with all safety and regulatory obligations.
The role holder will facilitate the crisis and emergency response processes across the organisation, ensuring that issues are resolved, that governance is effective and that continuous learning is applied.
More Details on Responsibilities:
• Assessment of the risks associated with business continuity and ensuring the power system is robust
• Development of frameworks for business resilience planning using experience and external best practice
• Engaging with key stakeholders to lead the development of plans as they relate to the power system, critical control room IT systems and recovery facilities for key departments.
• Organise and review emergency exercises within the operations area to check on emergency communications plans and cyber security readiness.
• Examine and improve operational risk assessment to lessen probability of any disruption on the power system
• Continuously monitor emergency and business continuity plans to support operations.
• Identify and make recommendations for change and adaptation within System Operations to meet business continuity needs while striving for continuous improvement and resilience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Third level qualification in in engineering, IT, or business continuity
• In the region of 10+ years' career experience with recent management and coordination experience in a business continuity environment
• Ability to support the senior management in integrating business resilience with wider goals and to motivate and lead a highly developed team
• Excellent interpersonal, and written communication skills, with strong diplomacy and influencing ability
• High level analysis, judgement and problem-solving skills
Relevant skills include data analysis, systematic planning and successful stakeholder engagement. A background in utilities or power systems would be advantageous.
If you are interested in the role described, apply to Richard Walsh at Sigmar Recruitment or call Richard at 01 4744688 for a confidential conversation.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.