Financial Controller Required For New FinTech In Dublin
A Successful European FinTech Business who have seen significant growth in recent years have recently opened a new office in Dublin and are recruiting for a Financial Controller to be the first finance hire for their Irish operation. This is an ideal opportunity for a Financial Controller who has a financial services background and experience working in a similar ‘start-up’ environment or a project where systems and processes have been implemented.
- Manage the timely and accurate preparation of accounts for the Irish Entity.
- Report financial information into Group function.
- Ensure financial control lending information is correctly reported and in line with IFRS9 standard.
- Interact with the overseas department regarding budgeting and forecasts.
- Prepare monthly management reporting packages including standard reports and ad hoc analysis as needed.
- Prepare for annual audits.
- Liaise with external tax consultants regarding tax reporting.
- Oversee payroll.
- Play a key role in the implementation of an ERP system.
- At a later stage, manage one or more accounting staff as the team grows.
- Qualified Accountant with PQE gained working in the financial services sector.
- 7+ years accounting experience in total with the majority of this ideally gained in a smaller FS environment where ‘end to end’ accounting experience has been gained.
- Previous experience setting up local systems, processes etc.
- Exposure to credit portfolios highly desirable.
- IFRS9 experience.
- Tax knowledge a plus.
- Self-starter mentality required, with the ability to work autonomously, ‘roll up the sleeves’ and ‘get the job done’.
- Strong IT skills including ERP systems. Previous experience implementing an ERP system highly desirable.
A very competitive basic salary will be offered in addition to a great benefits package. As this company has IPO ambitions, this could provide an extra incentive for the right candidate.
If interested in this job, please apply with your CV or contact Sam Breckon at Sigmar Recruitment on 01 4744664 / email@example.com
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.