The Operations Director will be responsible for leading a team covering all aspects of post trade operations across differenct Asset Classes including Fixed Income, Derivatives, FX, Equities and Money Markets. Whilst also having oversight of Collateral and the Stock Lending Programme.
Sittign as the Director of the team your responsibilities will include:
- Shape and articulate vision, strategy, plans and goals for the team.
- Work closely with Stakeholders across the business to identify, define, improve, scale and optimize operational processes across all support activities.
- Identify operational inefficiencies within the Asset Management post trade support
applications and processes, and develop appropriate solutions leveraging technology and
process automation teams to simplify, improve and transform the platforms
- Ensure that external service providers are suitable for business requirements, operating to
expected standards and performing within a strong control environment.
- Ensure functional tasks operate to industry standard, company policies, procedures and
- Review management information on a daily and monthly basis to monitor how well the
Systems and Operations team are meeting the targeted service standards
- Work closely with operational risk to ensure department risk framework aligns to
Corporate Risk Framework
- Communicate and report operational risks effectively to business partners and
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Previous experience in the financial services sector leading complex, global operational
Ability to contribute in a collaborative, team-based environment, beyond the direct remit of
- Proven ability to deliver in a high paced, growth oriented, dynamic, globally matrixed
- Able to influence and negotiate at a global level with a variety of stakeholders
Excellent interpersonal, people management and communication skills
Enthusiasm for change, able to partner internally and externally and lead change
- Function as a strong partner to Technology in innovations and applications which drive
- A strong track record of problem solving and robust analytical skills (including KPI’s
interrogation and root cause analysis) to understand operational challenges, and drive
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.