The Derivatives Middle Office Manager will be expected to:
- Provide daily team leadership to the TMS Derivatives Control and Control team assisting with coaching and guidance, helping the team to meet their goals and ambitions by conducting quality appraisals.
- Ensure a robust risk structure is performed with operation teams. Lead daily / weekly risk and control meetings with senior stakeholders, monitoring KPI/KRI and SLA’s.
- Review and document completeness and accuracy of SS&C service delivery obligations leading to an assessment of production oversight and performance measurement capability presented regularly to the Risk and Compliance functions and governance framework.
- Ensure the Oversight team is organised on a daily basis to ensure tasks are completed timely.
- Have ownership of daily tasks, ensuring the team checklists are completed
Background to be successful for the role:
- Previous experience in the financial services sector specifically working in Derivatives
- A thorough working knowledge of specific market conventions pertaining to cash and derivative instruments
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines: must be able to handle, coordinate, and prioritize multiple tasks, issues, and problems, ensuring resolution.
- Ability to document operating model changes, agreements and improved risk mitigations.
- Thorough understanding of derivative lifecycle including listed, OTC and CFD’s including financing.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work with all levels across an organisation
- Must have a global mind set and be able to work across global teams
- Must be open minded in terms of developing new ways of working and implementing change
- Self-starter/ motivator.
- Dynamic "can do" approach with a strong desire to make things
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.