A leading Engineering special equipment and accessories company is looking to an Automation Engineer to join their expanding team.
The ideal candidate will be working closely with design and commissioning teams during initial phases of new projects, to integrate third-party equipment, with instrumentation and with terminal operating systems.
Role requires extensive travel abroad, primarily Australia during the initial 12-24 months.
- Possess relevant qualification in an engineering discipline, and excellent knowledge of automation systems.
- Analysis of customer requirements to identify project automation requirements. Distinguish between project specific or new requirements and standard requirements.
- Manage automation requirements and ensure all requirements are fulfilled.
- Maintain / update project schedule to ensure delivery of project within schedule.
- Design crane automation support systems e.g. fibre and copper network infrastructure, PLC bus systems (Profinet, CANbus, Modbus, Interbus).
- Manage integration of automation sub systems and solutions, to ensure delivery of overall automation function. Ensure electrical design engineers are aware of electrical requirements, where necessary prepare electrical interface drawings.
- Ensure software developers are aware of the software integration requirements, where necessary document interface protocols and build software interface modules.
- Ensure software developers are aware of crane monitoring requirements for automation systems, where necessary document requirements and verify implementation.
- Ensure commissioning engineers are aware of automation functions and provide any necessary support and documentation required during commissioning process.
- Liaise with production and installation departments to ensure assembly and testing of automation systems are carried out to the necessary standards.
- Where new development is required, participate in selection and testing of suitable sub-systems and new technologies.
- Provide onsite technical support for new projects, incl. training
- Minimum Level 7 degree in Automation Engineering/ Electrical/Electronic Engineering/Mechatronic Engineering.
- Strong communication and reporting skills (verbal and in writing).
- Confident at challenging status quo and open to adapting new technologies or techniques.
- Programming knowledge and experience of Safety and Non-safety PLC systems using CoDeSys.
- Experience with ABB PLC an advantage.
- SCADA systems development knowledge.
- Risk analysis and safety compliance related to the PLC control and understanding of Performance Levels (PLr / SIL).
- Familiarity with Zuken E3, or similar drawing package.
- Project management experience an advantage.
- Work as necessary in the heavy machinery environment at Container Terminals, while providing support to customers and crane commissioning / installation teams.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current job opportunity please contact Marcel Skolimowski on 021 4847 138 / email@example.com
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.