The Data Governance team supports the organisation globally by working with Data Stewards and Data Owners to ensure the quality of the organisations data is accurate and available, in a timely manner, for those that have business needs for data. The team has oversight and ownership of the Data Governance Framework and any supporting standards and processes.
Ideal skills for this role:
- An understanding of Data Governance & Data Management best practice across the Asset Management industry.
- Indept exposure to Data Architecture, Metadata, Data Lifecycles, Data Quality Standards and Logical Data Modelling practices.
- Possess the ability to understand and produce moderately complex data flows.
- Capture, clarify and document business requirements using a range of analysis techniques and tools.
- Act as Data expert by applying end user knowledge.
- An understanding of Regulatory and Compliance requirements within Financial Services.
- Previous exposure of working in data management and an understanding of data governance practices within Financial Services
- Experience in facilitating workshops employing different techniques to lead participants to consensus
- Good understanding of Data Governance enabling technologies
- Analyse and translate business requirements into system requirements and system design specifications including the definition of functional testing scenarios.
- Strong experience in desktop analytical and formatting skills including Excel, Basic SQL, Basic VBA or other scripting language.
- A third level Degree in either in a financial discipline or else IT
- 3-5 years’ experience working in the Asset Management industry
- Recognised industry qualifications pertaining to Data would be advantageous
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.