Global Engineering Manager
As the Global Engineering Manager, you will design and develop a clear strategy and roadmap of transformational programs in global Supplier Development programs. You will drive improvement and corrective action in the quality of components sourced from suppliers. This is a permanent job with a growing department in a leading medical device company.
Take part in the fight against Covid-19!
- Lead team of component engineer’s commodity experts to drive improvement within our supply base
- In support of New Product Introduction (NPI) efforts, work with design engineers and suppliers to optimize design drawings and supplier manufacturing processes so that high quality parts are consistently delivered
- Drive early supplier involvement and identifies cost drivers to influence design decision making and achieve target cost saving for NPI programs
- Provide engineering oversight, support and consultancy to suppliers on process validations, design for manufacture (DFM), material selection, and process development
- Identify and prioritize parts (components and assemblies) requiring supplier development activities
- Review, understand and incorporate technical design risk assessments into the part evaluation process.
- Lead the technical aspects of Problem Solving, Failure Analysis, and Corrective and Preventative Actions with suppliers. Promote a culture of structured problem solving with suppliers.
- Monitor and control the progress of supplier engineering projects to ensure sound application of engineering principles are used and design intent is being followed.
- Assist Supplier Quality Engineering and suppliers to develop Component Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (CFMEA).
- Assist suppliers in developing final test requirements to ensure products meet specifications, engaging in test method development as necessary
- Work with Incoming Quality Control department to evaluate parts and resolve issues
- Provide technical support to product cost reduction and continuous improvement initiatives. Escalate potential supplier manufacturing and compliance issues.
- Provide technical support in failure analysis, re-design and drawing updates for discrepant production components, assemblies and field returns.
- Travel to manufacturing supplier sites as necessary.
Your Background and Experience:
- Primary Degree level qualification in a science or engineering discipline, plus 6 years of related work experience with a good understanding of specified functional area, or Master's degree in engineering with 3 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Experience with manufacturing processes, including machining, extrusion, molding, welding. Experience with GDT (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing), quality measurement technique and use of SolidWorks
- Lean, six sigma training and statistical ability a distinct advantage
- Demonstrated capability in process development and transformation.
- Clear demonstrated capability in Organisational change Management.
- Excellent communication skills to support virtual program management requirements.
- Clear demonstrated experience in working in a diverse cultural environment.
- Excellent presentation skills to facilitate communication throughout the organisation.
- Travel pending company policy, global and country regulations is 25% APAC and 15 % Global. In addition, excellent use of virtual communication technology is required for effective workshop leadership and change management.
For more information, please contact Emma on 091 455 307.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.