You will be a key member of the Supply Chain Department who will lead a team of Production Planners. These Planners are responsible for planning worldwide supply of material from the Galway Facilities while optimising service and manufacturing efficiencies.
I am looking for an experienced people manager too - someone who focuses on the development of the people in their team.
As my client continues to grow, there is huge opportunity for involvement in streamlining and automating the planning process using their ERP system.
- You will manage and lead the Planning team to ensure they are engaged with a focus on problem solving and teamwork.
- You'll perform and manage complex planning projects to build on standardized planning processes, ensure Corporate alignment and inspire a culture of continuous improvement
- Manage S&OP activities that provide analysis which drive business decisions relative to improving service level, manufacturing efficiency and customer service
- You'll be responsible for ERP and system operating parameters to optimize customer service and inventory costs
- Liaise closely with Customer Service to ensure customer orders are delivered on time and queries are responded to in a timely and agreed timeframe.
- Actively ensure that inventory control policy and procedures are being met and that productions planning methods are altered or adapted to meet inventory requirements.
- Leadership responsibilities to include interviewing, hiring, training, performance evaluation, assigning and coordinating work assignments, etc.
- Develop and maintain a positive work climate and the overall team effort of the department.
- Maintain a safe work environment and ensure that employees in area of responsibility are properly trained and follow safety procedures.
- Performs other related tasks, as required.
- Education equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in Logistics, Business or a technical discipline
- Strong direct reports' experience is essential for this role.
- Experience in the continuous improvement, development and operation of ERP systems. Oracle experience an advantage.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with others as a member of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as a member of a management team to accomplish organizational objectives and goals.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
For more information, please contact Emma on 091 455 307.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.