Scrum Master, 1 year FTC (salaried)
• Deeply knowledgeable in Agile principles and practices.
• A facilitator by nature who ensures meetings are concise and engaging for all and have a clear outcome and purpose.
• Confidence in working with multiple Scrum teams.
• Capable of coaching teams to take ownership of their processes
• Comfortable as a daily coach and periodical advisor.
• Capable of recognising team conflict at an early stage and able to apply different activities to resolve it.
• Confident in mobilising a team towards a common goal, setting clear and realistic expectations and coaching the Product Owner to garner buy-in from stakeholders.
• Eager to collaborate with developers and wider business on delivery of analytics solutions.
• Someone with exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to interact at all levels within a global and diverse organisation.
• Comfortable and composed working in a high-pressure environment to meet deadlines.
• Self-driven, resourceful with ability to prioritise and work independently or in groups.
• Excellent English communication skills.
• Acting as the team’s facilitator – facilitating all team ceremonies & planning events including the daily stand-up, sprint planning, sprint review and sprint retrospective, release planning.
• Supporting estimations – guiding the teams to help understand how to estimate features and capabilities and therefore supporting realistic commitments.
• Eliminating impediments – working with external teams to address any blocking issues, so that the teams can remain focused on their defined sprint and release goals. This coordination will include being the representative of the scrum teams at appropriate ceremonies including Scrum of Scrums.
• Supporting the Product Owners – working with the Product Owners to ensure a healthy backlog is available for the teams and guiding the teams in respecting the priorities and scope identified through the backlog.
• Driving the teams progress toward goals – challenging the team norms to improve performance in quality, predictability, flow, and velocity, while supporting team focus on daily, sprint and release goals.
• Building a high-performing team’s – maintaining focus on building team performance, managing challenges, conflicts and growth opportunities as well as protecting the teams from the uncontrolled expansion of work.
• Focusing on ever-improving team dynamics and performance - helping the teams manage interpersonal conflicts, challenges, and promote opportunities for growth.
• Leading team efforts in continuous improvement – facilitating the teams retrospective to help the teams identify areas of opportunity for improvement and take responsibility for identified actions.
• Promoting ACIA and agile practices – guiding the teams to comply with ACIA processes and principles with a view to consistently improving the quality and quantity of their deliverable.
• Facilitating preparation and readiness for build demos and releases – assisting the teams in preparation for such activities, including review ceremonies with stakeholders.
• Contribute to the ACIA Agile CoP – work with our team of Scrum Masters and Agile leads to help bring the latest in Agile thinking and best practices to the centre.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an Agile Product Development or Service Delivery environment.
• At least 2 years’ experience working as a fulltime Scrum Master.
• Good understanding of the software development life cycle.
• Experience in driving operational improvements would be a distinct advantage.
• Practical experience with remote working team members.
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
• Agile Certification (CSM, PSM) desirable.
• Working experience with Kanban.
• Working experience with SAFe or similar Agile at scale framework.
For more info contact Eoin on 01 474 4613 or apply for this role online
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.